Friday, October 30, 2015


The upcoming 2016 election is the first Presidential election that I will be able to vote in; however, neither of the frontrunners: Hillary Rodham Clinton or Donald Trump inspires me to vote.

Secretary of State Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, have been plagued by numerous scandals for the past 20 years. Most recently, her constantly changing stories about her use of a private Email server to handle top-secret governmental issues seems to indicate that she is either highly incompetent or a liar. Furthermore, her recent testimony in the Benghazi hearings proved that she knew that the attack on our Embassy was by terrorists and did not have anything to do with the video, as she had originally claimed. Given her inability to tell the truth, I cannot get excited about voting for a perjurer for Commander and Chief.

Mr. Trump may be the most offensive and politically incorrect human being alive. His child-like insults to other candidates are bad enough; just imagine what he would say to insult our enemies, many of who have nuclear weapons. He has already outraged women and Hispanics in this country. While he is no doubt a highly successful businessperson, he has yet to set forth any policies on how he is going to solve any of America’s problems other than him telling us “trust me.”

For years, I have heard my parents complain that they are voting for the “lesser evil.” Having always looked forward to voting, it is disheartening to think that that same strategy will likely be how I cast my first vote for President of the United States of America.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. I looked forward to voting all my young life. When I finally got the chance, it was Bush vs Kerry. Very uninspiring. Bush was the current president who had spent 3 years at war, saying dumb things in speeches, being the epitome of why I feel people around the world have low opinion of America, and doing things like warrantless wiretapping. Kerry was a lack luster, saying everything right to the point you don't trust him, knew from the get go he was going to lose candidate. I voted for Kerry just because I might have vomitted had I voted for Bush. The next election, I voted for Obama, and I've spent the last 7 years watching him break most of the promises he made on his two campaign trails. I didn't vote in the 2012 election. I won't vote in the 2016 election. I feel it is pointless at this point in American politics.

    In the 2016 election, the candidates are pretty disheartening. Everything you say about Clinton is true. Everyone waving the Hilary flag hasn't taken any time to actually see that she has no moral character and will just continue on with the same shenanigans that Obama has, maybe worse. Trump. Wowzer. I'm shocked he's made it this far, and that he ever had ANY support. You couldn't pay me enough to vote in this election.

    Seeing that people are getting tired of Trump's drama and antics, Ben Carson is pulling ahead in the polls. What your thoughts and opinions on him?

    ReplyDelete